Sunday, March 11, 2012

pip pop pipppppp pop


Mike B., Maximus Supremus the dog, and I got out for exactly what I needed this first-day-of-daylight-savings-time morning: Laurel->Pilot at a slow pace.
 I know I've said it before but Laurel Mountain is mountain biking at it's very best. The trail is a Pisgah classic. Technical climbing punctuated with slimy roots, rock gardens, and tech sections that bring out the trials rider in those that want to give it a go.
Today I was not wanting to give it a go. I felt weak from time off the bike, antibiotics, and too much fun with my beautiful wife last night. Speaking of, my curfew for the day was 12:30 because Erinna and The Pony were meeting for their own ride then. Mike was at my house just after 7:30 (it felt like 6:30) and we had a very VERY chill day on the bikes so... we didn't even complete the intended route of Outer->Inner but... we did have great fun.
We stopped often, we took photos,
 we even hiked in to the bottom of Pilot Rock to check it out.
 Did I mention it was a chill slow pace ride? Well, it was, and again, exactly what I needed. We didn't see one other bike on this absolutely gorgeous late winter day (we started with temps in the low 30's but it was easily over 50* by the time we finished) but we did see many groups of hikers.  Oh, and Max treated himself to more than one breakfast. Thanks for getting out there so early Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment