Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In other news, baby Zoe learned how to roll over today!


I didn't have to go into work today so early in the morning I made a long list of things that I needed to do. Fix the attic fan, go to I9, mow the lawn, and go to the Ranger Station to finish up some PMBAR business was on the list. I got much of the list done early so I decided that a trip into Pisgah shouldn't be wasted. For the trip out to see the fine folks at the USFS I took the bike along. The day was warm and muggy, 80+ degrees with humidity at 110%. Thirty seconds into the ride (Black->Thrift->Grassy->Sycamore)


the humidity was too much for the air and the rain began. Erinna's advise rang in my ears during the warm-up: 'Don't let the rain stop you. You're just doing Thrift->Sycamore' and before I even finished Black the sun was peaking through. Down the hotwheels track then a left onto Grassy.... I think I see a new PMBAR start/finish route...Thrift is so much fun and it drops right back into the start/finish area.... hmmm... Anyway, Grassy was next and was a steeper climb than I had remembered, then Sycamore. I took the left/longer route and tried to remember the last time I had been out there. It had been a while. Sycamore is one of those trails that has seen it's fair share of use and there's good reason for it. What a descent! Everything you look for in a Pisgah downhill: Roots, rocks, quick turns, long fast straights, rhodo tunnels, creek crossings, opportunity for serious bodily harm... Yeah.... Pisgah. I popped out onto 276 at just under an hour, and was back at the Jeep moments after that. Thanks for pushing me to go ride Erinna! That felt great.

No comments:

Post a Comment